15 Nov 2012

Film Poster

Idea 1-Dirty Dancing

Film clips

Film posters



Film stills montage


Brainstorm


The Breakfast Club



Film stills montage

Brainstorm 


Lord Of The Rings Trilogy

Film clips

Sam's speech 


Film posters



Fellowship of the Ring stills montage

Two Towers stills montage 

Return Of The King stills montage

Brainstorm


Final poster

I'm going to do my posters on The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy.

Drafting and exploring possible ideas



Original idea

 

The 1st picture on the left is the original. I first changed the contrast to make the dark hair stand out more. Then I changed the levels and thresh-hold so I was left with the dark outline on the bottom left. From there I just cropped out the unwanted parts and then using a fill tool changed the colour.



This was my first attempt at Sam's hair, but as you can see it didn't work very well (there is too many white gaps and lines in the finished piece)

I decided to use this image instead

Once again I altered the saturation, contrast and levels .


Background

I started out with a plain beige-filled background.


I then added a pattern overlay (using a creased piece of paper) and lowered the opacity of it. I also set the blending mode to multiple so it would interact with the other layers better.



I then took an image of a map of the Middle Earth featured in the films and lowered the opacity so it was only just visible (to add extra depth)


Finished first draft on photoshop 


All of the images of the hair are set to multiple on the blend mode so you can still see the creased paper and map background through them. 

Set of 4


Instead of sticking with the one poster with all four characters hair on it I ended up creating separate ones as a set. This way the hair is more individual and more of the blank space on the poster is used. 

Frodo



Sam



Pippin



Merry

No comments:

Post a Comment